Tijeras Creek Golf Club & OB Sports Cardmember Scholarship
Winner of the 2019 Tijeras Creek & OB Sports Scholarship!
Winner - Megan Sheehan from Coto de Caza, California
Megan was awarded a $500 scholarship as part of a value-added benefit from Tijeras Creek's Creek Card Membership program. The scholarship is awarded to the college-bound dependents of the cardmembers. Established in 2008, the Tijeras Creek/OB Sports Scholarship program was created to provide an opportunity for children of current OB Sports-affiliated cardmembers who have enrolled in the Creek Card Membership Program (Tijeras Creek's popular money saving loyalty program) to apply for a scholarship to be utilized for college tuition. Its purpose is to encourage the attainment of higher education goals by children of OB Sports-affiliated cardmembers, based on achieving a high level of academic success during high school or college.
Tijeras Creek Golf Club will award two $500 OB Sports Cardmember Scholarships in 2020. Established in 2008, this program was created to provide an opportunity for children of current OB Sports Cardmembers who have enrolled in the card/loyalty programs at participating facilities to apply for a scholarship to be utilized for college tuition. Its purpose is to encourage the attainment of higher education goals by children of OB Sports Cardmembers, based on achieving a high level of academic success during high school or college.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Scholarships will be awarded to children of current 2020 Creek Cardmembers who have enrolled in the 2020 Creek Card program at Tijeras Creek Golf Club. Applicants can be either a High School graduating senior or a current college student (who has not reached their senior year).
- Applications must be submitted to the participating facility beginning July 1st–August 15th by 5pm. Students must submit with their application a sealed official transcript for the most recent semester of the current school year. Transcripts must also be received on July 31st by 5pm and must include:
- High School Seniors: Cumulative GPA and SAT/ACT Test Score
- Current College Students: Cumulative GPA and most recently completed semester GPA
- Please mail or hand deliver applications and transcripts to Rob Heslar, PGA Director of Golf.
- A student must have a cumulative 3.0 grade point average in either high school or college to be eligible to apply. Students with distinguished honors should be noted.
- High School seniors will be evaluated on cumulative GPA, ACT or SAT College Test Scores, completed essay—why you deserve the scholarship; max 1000 words—and extracurricular activities.
- Graduate students are not eligible.
- Any incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Applicants who are high school seniors must have or plan to complete high school prior to September 1st. They must also be enrolled or planning to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited college or university located within the United States. A full-time student is defined as one who is taking 12 or more hours in a course of study leading to a traditional associates or baccalaureate degree.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee based on the criteria above.
- Students should ensure they are eligible for the scholarship per NCAA Rules, Regulations and Guidelines.
Winners of the OB Sports Scholarships will be notified via phone call by August 20, 2020.
The application period for the current OB Sports Scholarships will be through July 31, 2020. We ask that the applicant wait until they receive their most current grade report or transcript before applying. Completed applications should be submitted along with an official copy of the school grade transcript that shows their GPA information, ACT/SAT test scores (if a high school applicant), etc. Applications for Tijeras Creek Golf Club is below:
Should you have any specific questions regarding the OB Sports Cardmember Scholarship program, please call Rob Heslar, PGA Director of Golf at (949) 546-0404 or email email@example.com.